The Margie Gillis Dance Foundation is looking for a General Manager!
THE MARGIE GILLIS DANCE FOUNDATION
The Margie Gillis Dance Foundation (MGDF) is a non-profit contemporary dance company that supports the dialogue between artistic excellence, education and community. It focuses on generating, distributing, and protecting the vision and creative works of Margie Gillis, as well as recognizing the important role she has played on the Canadian and international dance landscape. MGDF also supports artistic collaborators and others who carry Margie Gillis’ legacy in their own work.
MGDF has been in existence as a non-profit for 41 years. The MGDF’s collaborative working environment along with a passionate and dedicated team is aimed at defending both a strong artistic and social commitment. The MGDF, at the image of its main artist, supports innovation, intelligence and resilience, while aiming at bridging community and excellence, as well as traditional and cutting edge.
The MGDF is seeking a General Manager to manage performance production, marketing, public relations, fund raising and other key projects that support the mission and growth of the company. The General Manager reports to the Artistic Director and board members, with support and collaboration from the General Coordinator and Financial Controller. The qualified candidate is motivated, resourceful, reliable, a team player, professional, and capable of time management and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision & Leadership
• Represent the company with various funding partners and institutions;
• Plan and manage the strategic development of the company by diversifying revenues, activities and marketing models;
• Identify and assess internal and external issues that impact the organization, and suggests ways to address them;
• Put the strategic plan into action; lead special projects, including milestone anniversary and immobilisation of artistic residency centre.
Operations & Governance
• Coordinate contracts and payment with outside vendors and other professionals;
• Research and develop avenues for private funding (sponsorships and partners), and the implementation of fundraising activities;
• Plan Board of Directors meetings, ensure smooth running and necessary follow-ups.
Communications & Development
• Oversee the development of markets by participating in networking events, and by managing communications relating to the company’s performances and activities;
• In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Communications Coordinator, determine and execute the marketing orientations of the company;
• Share the managing of performances, special events, video and photo shoots with the General Coordinator.
• Field person with experience in task and project management; supervising, collaborating and delegating;
• Strong business awareness, efficiency, and decision making;
• Proficiency in French and English with strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism;
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel), Google Suite, Calendar, and Docs.;
• Knowledge of the cultural and dance milieu in Quebec.
• 25-30 hours per week;
• During weeks with performances, and other company activities, the schedule may vary;
• Reasonably accessible for correspondence during non-office hours via text.
• Part time position and flexible hours;
• Remote working and in office (1908 rue Panet, Montreal);
• Salary: Between $28.00 and $32.00 per hour, varies with experience
• Start date: August 22, 2022
Please submit a cover letter indicating why you are a good fit for this company, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22, 2022. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.