*** POSITION FILLED ***
The Margie Gillis Dance Foundation is looking for a General Manager!
THE MARGIE GILLIS DANCE FOUNDATION
The Margie Gillis Dance Foundation (MGDF) is a non-profit contemporary dance company that supports the dialogue between artistic excellence, education and community. It focuses on generating, distributing, and protecting the vision and creative works of Margie Gillis, as well as recognizing the important role she has played on the Canadian and international dance landscape. The Foundation also supports artistic collaborators and others who carry Margie Gillis’ legacy in their own work.
The MGDF is seeking a General Manager to manage performance production, marketing, public relations, and other key projects that support the mission and growth of the company. The General Manager reports to the Artistic Director and board members, with support from the Administrative Assistant and Financial Controller. The qualified candidate is motivated, resourceful, reliable, a team player, professional, and capable of time management and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision & Leadership
• Plan and manage the strategic development of the company by diversifying revenues, activities and marketing models;
• Identify and assess internal and external issues that impact the organization, and suggests ways to address them;
• Represent the company with various funding partners and institutions;
• Supervise and collaborate with the Administrative Assistant and independent contractors.
Operations & Governance
• Coordinate staff schedules and company calendars as well as contracts and payment with outside vendors and other professionals;
• Research and develop avenues for private funding (sponsorships and partners), and the implementation of fundraising activities;
• Plan Board of Directors meetings, ensure smooth running and necessary follow-ups;
• Manage executive assistance to the Artistic Director;
• Maintain studio space and relationship with the studio partner.
Communications & Development
• Oversee the development of markets by participating in networking events, and by managing communications relating to the company’s performances and activities;
• In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Communications Coordinator, determine and execute the marketing orientations of the company;
• Manage performances, special events, video and photo shoots;
Job duties as listed are subject to change, are representative, non-exclusive, and may not all be implemented immediately upon the commencement of employment.
• Substantial experience in task and project management, supervising and delegating tasks to others;
• Strong business awareness, efficiency, and decision making;
• Proficiency in English and French with strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism;
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment;
• Punctuality and adherence to deadlines;
• Proficiency in but not limited to Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel), Google Suite, Calendar, and Docs. Adobe InDesign and Sage Accounting is a plus;
• Knowledge of the cultural and dance industry in Quebec.
• 35-40 hours per week;
• During weeks with performances, and other company activities the schedule may vary;
• Reasonably accessible for correspondence during non-office hours via text.
• Full time position;
• Remote working and in office (1908 rue Panet, Montreal);
• Start date: August 2021
Dependent on experience
Please submit a cover letter indicating why you are a good fit for this company, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by August 23, 2021. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.